[AT] Tractor club

Francis Robinson robinson46176 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 23 18:45:47 PDT 2008

     Hi Ed:

    It always nice to have a face to go with a name who's writing you have been reading for some time.
     Such problems as you have mentioned below are exactly the thing I want to see... Hopefully from several folks. I want to know what has worked and not worked for others.  Of course it is always a case of YMMV depending on who you can sometimes get to pick up a ball and run with it or even the personalities of a handful of members.
     I want to pull together a very small organization committee to help me set this up and get it moving. I am thinking in terms of my hosting for about 2 or three years then it rolling off under its own power and finding its own location. During the first couple of years I would not expect it to even begin to afford to even rent grounds.
     I am absolutely not interested in forming a pulling club. The other club seems to do that well and I see no reason to try to pull any of that away from them. The collectors side of it however truly sucks (technical term) and I believe needs a "Do Not Resuscitate" order clipped to its chart.
     I'm thinking that a first "casual" show/gathering could be a founding meeting. I don't want this to become a your club or my club type of thing and am planning that first smallish event to ba a fall thing that will never conflict with the other club and so that those so inclined can belong to and participate in both clubs. There need be no competition between them like Darke County OH (Greenville) seems to have.
     I wanted to do this some years ago but my mother's Alzhiemer's and its accompaning psychosis made it impossible. Now we are in a position to do it and want to get it going.
     I think sometimes a lot of clubs work too hard at trying to do all of the same things that all of the other clubs are doing. I want to know what they are doing but I am also looking even harder for new ideas. As of this week I am setting a date for the first "gathering of old tractors" (no name in mind at this point) as the first week-end (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) of October. Yes, that is this year and yes my wife is already freaking out...   :-)
-
     Has anyone seen a good buy on a duck aligner?   :-)

farmer

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at hotmail.com