[AT] 1949 Case VAC is home.

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:21:58 PDT 2008

George,  years ago there were a fair number of cucumber farmers in this
area.  Many of them used a very low frame with seats on it for folks to ride
and pick the cucs.  Obviously they had to go very slow.  Some of them
accomplished the slow part by pulling it with JD's that had the engine
replaced with a Briggs and Stratton.

At the time I just saw it as a curiosity and never bothered to go into the
field and look at one of the up close.  I don't have clue how it was hooked
up.  I'm not really up on JD's either but I think they were A's.

Anyone else seen one rigged up like that?

charlie