[AT] More Portland... a question and a bit of a rant..

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Mon Aug 18 15:10:14 PDT 2008

Farmer, camping is 10.00 per night at the gate with no refunds for
leaving early. As for the spots, I don't want to start a bunch of crap
but /I drove out special from Ohio a week ago Sat to rope off our camp
spot and go home. I was #53 in line and most of the good campground was
roped off before I came through the gate. Half of our normal spot was
pre-roped and the rest was had by someone that was actually behind me in
line but got through ahead of me because the way they run us in. A few
years ago they said they would discontinue pre-roping by directors for
budys and groups ect but it hasn't happened. As for exhibit space, I was
here this Sat early and saved 130 ft of space for the garden tractor
club. We don't always get the same space but at lweast we get a spot we
can set up together. The ATIS group could have reserved plenty of space
that morning to show together. Had I know what you wanted, I would have
roped it. The bigger the show gets, the worse it gets. I remember when
the ATIS groupo pushed out some of our local collectors from their
normal spot. I was afraid to admit I knew anything about the group! One
of these nights I'm going to venture over to that ATIS camp. We're going
to miss you George!! Doug Tallman