[AT] ATIS at Portland, now 'wireless'

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Aug 15 04:19:56 PDT 2008

Mike,  I don't know if NC has such a law or not.  Generally I think it
hasn't been much of a problem here.  In that one case it got nipped in the
bud, as Barney would say, by the state rep. and never made it's way into the
courts.

I have friend who has a farm of about 700 acres or so just down the road
from me.  He is surrounded by subdivisions but he won't sell.  He doesn't
need the money and hates to see the wildlife habitat get taken away.
Anyway, there is a subdivsion between my house and his farm and some of the
lots back up to one of his hay fields.  He has been out in the field
spraying the fields and had folks from the S/D walk right out in his field
and demand to know what he is spraying as if they have some power to stop
him.  He generally just lets them have their say and then goes back to his
work when they leave.  He was telling me about one lady who got particularly
ugly with him.  I told him he was a better man than I am.  I would have
gotten on the tractor and started spraying with her standing there.

Charlie