[AT] somewhat OT--skid steer vs tractor for mowing

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 13 19:46:01 PDT 2008

 I hear what you guys are saying but I think I could hang with any of those
skid steers with a 75hp 4wd tractor with some "armor plating" and a front
mounted blade for clearing downed trees. What I find hillarious about the
machines I saw running is that they were mowing what could be cut with a
grooming mower and an 8N Ford! If we were talking about blazing a trail
through the woods, that might be a different story. Last year I saw the same
water line bing mowed with a JD with a cab and and enormous front mounted
blade that would pivot in either direction. Now that was a serious setup!
The fun part was when the operator let the bushhog down on a railroad track
he didn't realize was there--dang near flipped the tractor over on flat
ground!! Needless to say I was ducking for cover.

John