[AT] ATIS at Portland

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Fri Aug 8 13:28:25 PDT 2008

Charlie,

I attended the EAA international air show in Rockford, IL in 1969 and the
first 9 shows at Oshkosh.  We always spent the whole week there.  It was on
our return trip in 1975 that I first learned about the Portland show.  We
went to both for two or three years, but the rest is history... We've
attended Portland every year until this year.  I wish we could go.

Yes indeed Cecil was speaking the truth.  Your name is high on the list of
folks we'd all really like to meet, and it was the subject of many
conversations.

I dug through my archives and found several pictures that may help you meet
many ATIS folks from a distance.  I think, in spite of the URL, the picture
was taken in 1996.

http://gwill.net/Album/Tractors/!Shows/Portland_1998/atengnam.jpg

Here's another picture that's a twofer... it takes two pictures to show you
many folks you'll recognize at least by name.  This is from 1998.

http://gwill.net/Album/Tractors/!Shows/Portland_1998/Names2.jpg

http://gwill.net/Album/Tractors/!Shows/Portland_1998/Names1.jpg

In 2005 the originals from the first get-together stopped for a picture.

http://gwill.net/Album/Tractors/!Shows/Portland_2004/originals.jpghttp://gwi
ll.net/Album/Tractors/!Shows/Portland_2004/originals.jpg

I'll bet you can identify them.

George