[AT] 2-cylinder clutch

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 6 09:27:19 PDT 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 9:02 AM, Stephen Offiler wrote:

> ,,,.  Think of the
> formal, correct name for the clutch part that contacts the pressure
> plate to disconnect the pressure plate from the friction disc:
> THROWOUT BEARING.

Oh yes. That's what you do to the bearing in your '69 Volvo in about
'79 when the rear main seal needs to be replaced - You THROW OUT the
old throwout bearing.

hah!

By the way, I understand my 1953(?) McCormick W-4 has no synchronizers
in any gear.  'Good thing I've been driving manual shift cars since
1961 and had an occasional broken clutch cable.

Roy

Roy Morgan
13033 Downey Mill Rd
Lovettsville, VA 20180