[Farmall] Some ads from the 8/2 Lancaster Farming

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Sun Aug 3 15:58:20 PDT 2008

Mike Sloane wrote:
> Some of the more interesting ads from the (free to
> subscribers) Mailbox Markets section of the weekly Lancaster (PA)
> Farming newspaper for 8/2/2008. For the full listing, go to
> <www.lancasterfarming.com>. [my comments, if any, are in brackets]
>

> 1946 McCormic Cub,l looks and runs well, plow, sickle and harrow
> $2,300/obo. Berks Co., 610-689-9322. [This is interesting - I am told
> the first Cub was 1947]

I have a brochure form IH introducing the new Farmall cub that was
printed in late 1945 (per the date codes on back).  I was told it was
intended for the dealers to give out in 1946 to create interest ahead of
the 1947 introduction.

Here are links to the 4 pages of it.
http://home.centurytel.net/ejpuckett/1945%20cub%20to%20upload/page%201%20lo.jpg
http://home.centurytel.net/ejpuckett/1945%20cub%20to%20upload/page%202%20lo.jpg