[AT] Oliver 55 - Super 55 vs 8N vs VAO

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 07:04:39 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 6:16 AM, John B <rustyacres at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It is because the Super 55 was introduced at the same time that the 66-77-88-99 series had been upgraded to the "Super" series. It wouldn't  make sense to be selling a "55" at the same time you are selling "Super's" of everything else.
>
> By the way, I once owned a Super 55, and they are a great little tractor. IMHO vastly superior to the 8N.
>
> John Boehm
> Woodland, CA
> Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com

Hi John,
    How would you compare your VAO versus the 8N and Super 55? I have
a very tired 8N I use for mowing with a 6' flail finish mower and am
looking at options. I've found that folks in AZ tend to have a pretty
pricey view of the N series when compared to other tractors (buying
and selling)... but are they worth it? Just looking for opinions;
nothing against my 8N except it smokes like a third world factory
(needs time I don't have when chasing a 14 month old).

Thanks

Ken in AZ