[AT] Loose oil filter mount Oliver S55

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Aug 26 20:42:48 PDT 2008

charlie hill wrote:
> Steve I took it that he has a spin on filter that is blowing out of the
> filter housing.  Not sure how the filters work on Olivers and I don't know
> if it would help or not.  I just figured the teflon would tighten the filter
> up in the housing a bit.
>
> Charlie

I was thinking the same. Most of the spin on mounts have removable
nipples that the filter screws over. If that is the case you could
remove the faulty one and replace it. The other option would be to
replace the nipple with one that was replaceable. I've done that a few
times on hydraulic filter mounts. Someone cross threads a filter OR they
have king kong tighten it and strip the threaded nipple.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York