[AT] Loose oil filter mount Oliver S55

Nagel, Alan F alan-nagel at uiowa.edu
Tue Aug 26 10:15:22 PDT 2008

Blew the oil filter clear off my Oliver Super 55 yesterday.  The White/Agco has been the only filter to fit securely for some time, and it's been a near thing at each oil change: tightening well risks popping it out of the threads, so it's watch it leak, tighten slightly, and pray.

Question: anyone have such experience?  Do I go ahead and replace the mounting bracket (if available)? or is there another strategy?

I've no idea why the filter came off yesterday: had been on for some a half-dozen to a dozen hours or more; it happened after an hour's mowing, engine lugging down just fine under load.

You can tell about how mechanical I am =/< 0.05% ....

Alan Nagel
Iowa City