[AT] Portland

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Mon Aug 25 19:46:17 PDT 2008

    Thanks for the great post Spencer.
    I also had a great time. My assignment of lining up tractors to run the
threshing machines took a good bit of my time, but not without rewards. I
got to ride on a 1915 Altman-Taylor 40-60 and a Rumley 6 to and from the
threshing area as well as meeting many new friends.
    Evenings around the campers and campfires were, as always, the high
point of the show. Evenings at ponderosa, Banditos and Back 40 were very
filling and fulfilling. I probably gained at least 10 pounds.
    Unofficial results indicate a record gate admission for the show and the
Allis Chalmers group set a new record of 432 tractors for the feature
tractors.
    Spectators at the threshing and sawmill demonstrations were larger than
I have ever seen. We had many good comments on the varied lineup of tractors
and steamers operating the equipment. Special praise was expressed for our
all Allis line up on Friday and we plan to make this an annual event with
feature tractors.
    Thanks to all who attended for making this such a great event.

                    Gene