[AT] Portland

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Aug 25 19:06:41 PDT 2008

First I need to say to George that you were sorely missed:  I hope you
got the card we sent Wednesday night and I hope your health improves by
next year.  I also wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone at Portland for a
great time.  As usual, the week provided the break I needed from the
real world and got to do what I really enjoy - plow, thresh and saw.   I
need to thank Gene Dotson for camping arrangements, Larry Dotson for
being the Official Campfire Pyrotechnical Consultant  and Steve Sewell
and Gary Dotson for generous use of their golf carts by those of us that
don't have them or can't bring them.   Thanks also to the Plowing
Advisory Council (you know who you are) that helped me try to get the
show's trailer plow set up so I could plow with my JD B.   The ground
was hard and dry and the B wasn't up to the 2 14" bottoms; but maybe
next year.  Thanks also to Brice for bring the JD #5 mower to the show
for me to pick up.  Thanks also to the folks that attended and helped
with the Charity auction.   We raised quite a bit for Charity .

The attendance was probably down a tad, but nothing you would really
notice.  There was no rain - that was unusual.   All in all a great show
and I look forward to seeing everyone next year.

Thanks for a great show!

Spencer