[AT] 1949 Case VAC; now REpowering

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 25 06:18:25 PDT 2008

Just south of oil field engines at Portland this year (believe I have
noticed this unit before), was an Allis WC powered by oil field single
cylinder 15 (?) H.P, with lengthened frame.   It was not operating the
several times I walked by.
Closer inspection revealed a single cylinder gas engine located alongside
the right rear wheel; this drove a hydraulic pump that powered a hydraulic
motor driving the pto.  Pretty neat.
In the GOO Allis tent was a WC (?) V8 powered; comments varied from pretty
nice to get that ??? thing out of here.
Herb