[Farmall] F-20 Brakes

Bob Currie tracturs at att.net
Sun Aug 24 17:01:04 PDT 2008

Tony,

You can probably get the shoes relined at your local cluth/brake repair
shop. Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe the linings
are 3/16" thickness. I have some used Regular/F-20 brake parts. I'll go have
a look and email you directly.

Bob Currie,
Greeenwood, CA

Hello,

I started playing with my F-20 for the first time in a couple years in hopes
that I could get the brakes working well enough to do a hayride this fall.
One side is in really good shape as an axle seal has apparently been leaking
for years. That side will need the shoes redone but not much more. The other
side was worn out fully. The shoes were not moving, just bending when the
brake cam applied pressure. Also, the spring was broken. Bad news is I can't
get the shoes of the pivot point as they are rusted solid. Worse news is
that I broke one trying. Looks like I'll need to apply some heat.

Questions I have are:

1. How does one get brake shoes rebuilt, or what are my other options?

2. Do you have brake shoes available? How about the spring? Masy need a drum
too as the dry side had no lining and was pretty pitted.

3. Were the brake drums lined at all or just machined?

Any other suggestions or wisdome would be appreciated as always.

Thanks,

Tony
Tony Pitts
Ann Arbor, MI