[AT] Case 580 CK brakes

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Sun Aug 24 08:50:13 PDT 2008

Charlie and all,

I've not had good luck with installing the sleeves and have decided that
sometimes there are better ways to deal with the shaft wear problem.  If the
shaft can't be polished and the seal relocated, it's usually possible to
shorten the spring in the seal to increase its tension and make the seal
lips effective on a slightly smaller diameter.  The two ends of the spring
are merely screwed together so they're easy to modify.

I wonder if the brakes on the 580 are similar to the ones I had on my
530-CK?  I remember replacing the linings on mine.  The most trouble I had
was from the rusted ball ramps and balls.

George