[AT] what's out there

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Aug 22 14:44:26 PDT 2008

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I signed up to this service with the hope that there
>> were some resorable 50's vintage tractors out there &
>> some ideas from individual restorers about good
>> tractors to start a restoration project with, green,
>> red, grey, or orange?
>> Preferably in the Western NY, N West PA, or N East
>> Ohio areas.
>> How 'bout it.
>>
>> Pharmr

Well I'll have to check if your interested but I know of a nice H in
good shape, runs good (needs a new manifold gasket due to a small air
leak that causes it to skip when cold) Has been repainted but could use
a new coat due to fading. Last I knew it even had a belt pulley laying
in the shop and there were a LOT of spare parts in storage.
Current owner is my father. He also was the one who shot the paint on it
and restored it 15-20 years ago.

He also has a Ferguson TO-20 that might be for sale as well. It needs
paint REAL BAD. The tin is all there but the factory paint is long gone.
It's set up but I haven't pulled the head to see how bad. It has VERY
low actual hours on it. The original owner bought it and then let it
set, he decided it was to small to handle hay wagons with. My
grandfather bought it off him and used it to pull a rake and do fence
lines. I used it to pull logs for a couple years and then it sat, and
sat... Until GF passed away and my father bought it. Then he brought it
home and it has sat some more. He did dump some kroil/kero mix into the
plug holes and hasn't really touched it since.

Let me know if your interested.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York