[AT] Tractor club now decorating for a show

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 20 02:24:09 PDT 2008

No.  Things are much different in climate here in western Poland (beween Warta and Odra rivers) than other places we have visited in the last three weeks.  We are getting daily reports from the Baltic coast and it is much wetter up there than it is here.

We toured the East Line between those rivers two days ago.  These defensive installations that were built in 1934 bring back many unpleasant memories for me of WWII.  I was just a kid during the war, but the extent of the madness that was going on at that time is incomprehensible.  We toured about 1.5 kilometers of tunnels.  There are over 170 kilometers of tunnels that have been explored, but there are still nearly 2 kilometers-worth that have been documented in old German writings but that have not been located.  Supposedly, there are several complete museums full of materials squirreled away that could be located there.  True?, Maybe.

Larry