[AT] Dinner at Portland

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Mon Aug 18 08:15:15 PDT 2008

Frobl,

The restaurant is Bandito's.  Spencer and Denise, along with Marilyn and I
first checked it out about the year 2000.  We've been going there as a group
on Wednesday night every year since.  I'm sorry we won't be able to be there
this year.

We had been going to the Decatur dinner every year since Hank Wessel first
arranged it about 1995.  The dinner has since deteriorated into a sorry
excuse for a bunch of engine guys (mostly Evil Dave) to hurl insults at
tractor guys, imagining there was some kind of unfriendly competition.

That led to many of us no longer wanting to go to Decatur and we made
alternate plans.  Our carry-in dinner hosted at the camp site by the Brown
family on Friday nights and our fun excursion to Bandito's both turned out
to be much more fun.  Neither event was held on Thursday so those who wished
to could attend the insult fest at Decatur.

I'll have to search my archives to find pictures of the fun ride to
Bandito's.

George