[AJD] Lawn mower

Dave Mayfield deere at gwltd.com
Thu Aug 14 08:00:24 PDT 2008

Bill, i bought one three years ago, it's a model 737 and I love it. I
had a JD 400 before and it was worn out, I was spending more time
working on it than using it. Then I got the ZTR. It cut my mowing time
by one third (have mow about 4 acres) and cut my fuel usage also by
about a third.

Only trouble I had was a bad head, after about 100 hrs on the mower one
of the heads on the engine went south, of course it was just out of
warranty. To make a long story short the JD dealer paid half and I paid
half. They were real ass's about it, so I had to play dirty. They gave
me a bill for over $600.00, trouble was they new about the bad head long
before the warranty went out, they worked on it and they sold me parts
and it kept bending push rods. Then only after I got really pissed did
they really dig into it and find that the head was bad. Then they said
"it's out of warranty" and handed me the bill $600.00 I told them to sue
me. Then after they figured out that I was not kidding they asked me how
much I was willing to pay, I told them half.

I have never had any more trouble with it, so yes I love it, but I will
never do business with this dealer again.

Dave Mayfield

Bill Thompson wrote:
> Has anyone have a J D Zero turn lawn mower, I would like to know if you like
> them ?
>
> Bill Thompson
> Sherman Mills, Maine

     Dave W9WRL