[AT] somewhat OT--skid steer vs tractor for mowing

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Thu Aug 14 04:33:27 PDT 2008

I agree with you John but apparently the guys buying them have their
reasons.  I see a lot of road mowing tractors stuck where they fall off in a
ditch or something.  I suspect a skid steer could get out on it's own.
Other than that a tractor would do fine.  To me something like a log skidder
would be a better solution.  As for mowing stuff a finish mower would cut,
that sounds like me.  It's not uncommon for me to mow my yard with a Woods
brush cutter.  It's easier than working on my old lawn tractor.

Charlie