[AT] ATIS at Portland, now 'wireless'

Francis Robinson robinson46176 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 20:38:33 PDT 2008

I forgot to mention (I'm going to get a tee shirt that just says "I forgot") that son Scott (lives just down the road) has a satellite connection that he is very unhappy with. It is something blue or blue something (I forget) and it has been worked on several times. It cuts out at times like when it snows, or rains, or is cloudy or sunny...   :-)
He had his wife sit down and surf to several web sites she frequents using my laptop with this USB modem. She said that this thing was a good deal faster than what they had at home and they plan on switching as soon as they can.
I might add that "so far" I have never had a connection glitch "yet"... I have sat here using my laptop (with the power supply/charger disconnected) during some really fierce electrical storms and it never phased it.
YMMV   :-)
I don't have a micro SD memory card for it yet but CompUSA has a 2 GB one with the adapter to full size SD card for about $10. Some people on some broadband forums claim that it will make it a bit faster on some stuff. I don't really know but for $10 I figure it's worth a shot.
-------

Tractor stuff.
I recently changed one rear tire on my Super M that I poked a hole in on a rusted off steel T post stump. I was feeling pretty god about it then yesterday I spotted a break in the other one that looks about half of a golf ball under there. I knew that it was a weak tire (ancient) but was hoping that it would hold until later this fall. Oh, well, at least I have another to replace it...
If someone would create a 6 inch boot that would truly grip onto the outside of an old tractor tire they could make a fortune.   :-)   Trouble is that after a tire gets old and really dried out not much of anything will actually bond to it. I could break it down and stick a boot in it but by the time I do all of that work I can just go ahead and change it.

farmer

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at hotmail.com