[AT] somewhat OT--skid steer vs tractor for mowing

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 20:22:51 PDT 2008

A few years back, they mowed under our large transmission lines with a good sized modified wheel loader.  I'd guess it was at least 150 HP with a 8-9' deck where the bucket had been.  I think the blades were pretty thick.  A old overgrown fence row with woven wire didn't slow it down at all.
I'd think one problem with the skid steer loader would be trash on the operator.  If I'd cut poision ivy with one of those, I'd probably end up in the hospital for a month.  It looks like you're too close to your work.

Len Rugen