[AT] Fuel problems (was Re: Tractor Question - 420 JD

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Aug 10 09:03:46 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Sloane" <mikesloane at verizon.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 4:49 AM
Subject: [AT] Fuel problems (was Re: Tractor Question - 420 JD

>I too have a story to tell along those lines: My Farmall 340 ran really
> well, when it ran. But it would periodically either die or run really
> badly.

This all sounds familiar. I had similar problems with the Cockshutt 40 a
couple of winters ago. Ran ok at idle and light load but anything requiring
much power would cause cutting out and stalling unless I pulled the choke
button to keep the  engine running. Turned out to be a kernel of wheat one
time. Next time or so it was a dead fly or moth stuck in the fuel tank
outlet.

Ralph in Sask.