[AT] Tractor Question - 420 JD

Gene Waugh Elgin, Illinois USA gwaugh at wowway.com
Fri Aug 8 18:58:30 PDT 2008

Paul, the fuel aspect brings to mind an old---1937, I think---Chevy
pickup I had when I lived in Denver in the 60s.  It had some crud
(leaves) in the gas tank, and it would pretty frequently suck one over
the tank outlet and starve the engine.  I got to where I could die at a
stop light, jump out, pull the fuel line going into the carb, blow back,
put back together and get going with the light---extreme case, but it
sure was real.  Cleaning the tank took care of that problem.

Gene