[AT] ATIS at Portland

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Aug 8 09:43:16 PDT 2008

Hey Gene,  I've been to Osh Kosh.  In a way it was a bad move.  I've never
wanted to go to another air show since.  Even though the Navy and Marine
Corps do a fine one about 15 miles from my home there is no comparison to
Osh Kosh.  I'm not a pilot but I was with a group of pilots and they got me
into the area where only pilots are allowed.  Man what a show.

My reply a bit ago might have been a bit of an over reaction to what I
thought Kevin was saying.  Please don't think I have any hard feelings
towards anyone on the list or that I have "Portland Envy" to coin my own
term.  I too hope all of you guys have a good time.  Just remember that some
of that would like to go just can't do it.

Timing has always been my enemy.  I mentioned Osh Kosh earlier.  The year I
went there, '88 I think, my inlaws were coming to visit.  I got a chance to
go to the show and determined that I was going, no if ands and buts about
it.  They came on Tuesday for the rest of the week.  I left from work on
Thursday and went to Osh Kosh with a friend for the rest of the week.  I
think they were a bit insulted.  They got over it and I'll never forget the
trip so it was all good.  I'm sure the Portland experience is similar.

Charlie