[AT] Tractor Question - 420 JD

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Thu Aug 7 17:17:16 PDT 2008

That's the right carb.
http://www.oldjdforyou.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=oldjd4u&Category_Code=72

I don't know a thing about JD tractors but I know a little bit about Marvel
Schibler carbs.  There is most likely trash in that carb.  It doesn't have
to be much.  You might never even see it but it's there.  I've had the same
problem on a MS carb on an Allis.  Mechanic friend heard it run and told me
it was trash.  I didn't believe him since I had cleaned it really carefully.
I pulled the carb back down, flushed it out with carb cleaner and blew it
out with air, put it back on and it ran fine.

Charlie