[AT] Ford 3000 hydraulics

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Wed Aug 6 16:24:31 PDT 2008

Problem could be in the control valve, but more likely a leaky cylinder that
inside under the lift cover. You should be able to remove the little round
plate on the side of the rear housing and look in while the lift is up to
see if oil is coming out of the cylinder. You may need a mirror and
flashlight (torch no fire)

Our local New Holland dealer will make copies of the parts list that show
the "O" rings and back up washers for the piston.  If you have a good dealer
they will probably do the same.

On 8/6/2008 4:43:49 PM, Don Bowen (don.bowen at earthlink.net) wrote: > The
Ford 3000 is not at is new home. I was hoping that I was done > tractor >
mechanicing for a while but it is not to be. I put it on a brush hog and >
it > ran well except for the hydraulic problem. It lifts ok but when set
down > it > sometimes goes very slowly. I try to get it to stop but it never
seems > to > stop at the same place so I have to give it a little up to stop
 Then it > settles. Sometimes it will come back up to the set point but then
it > goes > back down. When parked with the engine off the arms will drop
slowly. > > > > Any hint as to what may be the problem? > > > > Just below
the lift quadrent on the side of the transmission is a lever. > What is its
function? > > > > A friend sent me some copies of the Hydraulic pages of the
shop manual for > a > Dexta 2000, Super Dexta 3000, and Major 4000. They
look close to the > Ford > 3000, what are any differences I should be aware
of? > > > > I have an IT manual but no operators manual. I will be ordering
one > tomorrow. > > > > Don Bowen KI6DIU > > http://www.braingarage
com/Dons/Travels/journal/Journal.html > > > >