[AT] Ford 3000 hydrulics

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 6 14:43:49 PDT 2008

The Ford 3000 is not at is new home.  I was hoping that I was done tractor
mechanicing for a while but it is not to be.  I put it on a brush hog and it
ran well except for the hydraulic problem.  It lifts ok but when set down it
sometimes goes very slowly.  I try to get it to stop but it never seems to
stop at the same place so I have to give it a little up to stop.  Then it
settles.  Sometimes it will come back up to the set point but then it goes
back down.  When parked with the engine off the arms will drop slowly.

Any hint as to what may be the problem?

Just below the lift quadrent on the side of the transmission is a lever.
What is its function?

A friend sent me some copies of the Hydraulic pages of the shop manual for a
Dexta 2000, Super Dexta 3000, and Major 4000.  They look close to the Ford
3000, what are any differences I should be aware of?

I have an I&T manual but no operators manual.  I will be ordering one
tomorrow.

Don Bowen  KI6DIU