[AT] 2-cylinder clutch

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 6 13:29:45 PDT 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 2:09 PM, Don Bowen wrote:

>> By the way, I understand my 1953(?) McCormick W-4 has no
>> synchronizers
>> in any gear.  ...
> You do not shift a tractor like a car, you put it in what ever gear
> you want
> to be running in and start out.

Don,

AH.  See what I have to learn about tractors!   With this information,
I may do it less harm.

So I set the RPM, then put clutch pedal in, then select gear, then let
off the clutch pedal carefully?

  This thing has, I think, three forward gears for work and one for
"road".  The road gear gets you going some 15 mph or so.

> We had a Ferguson 30 that was so worn that you could speed shift
> it.  Worn
> out gears became even more worn with a couple of young boys playing
> with it.

Is this when the little bits of metal collect at the bottom of the oil
pan like gold in a Yukon stream?

Roy

Roy Morgan
13033 Downey Mill Rd