[AT] Bending a hook on a spring

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 11:13:50 PDT 2008

I've been thinking.....    One of the scrap springs had a screw-in end.
That worked on the long application, but 2 of those ends would use all
the spring I'll need.

I'm thinking about putting a metal strap THRU the last loop or two, then
bending it's ears back over the end of the spring.  Have a square hole
inside and use a carriage bolt.  The bolt would keep the strap from
sliding out to the side and the ears over the bolt again would keep it
from bending and sucking out the end....

Or.... Does anyone have a WD-45 seat hardware they don't need?  I would
need everything from the frame to the pan.  The Joy Ride is almost as
uncomfortable as an original seat .  The Joy Ride cushion was long gone
and the original pan was put back.