[AT] Question about travel experiences for some of you tractor guys--OT

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 4 18:46:32 PDT 2008

On Aug 3, 2008, at 11:23 PM, John Wilkens wrote:

> Roy, what should I know about the ferry from Maine?   John

John,

-The web address is:
http://www.catferry.com/
These are Catamarans now, run at 40 knots (Seas permitting!)

- The ferries are popular and may be booked for the day you want to go.

- they go from both Bar Harbor and Portland

- Make reservations, and do not, repeat, do not, miss it!

- Have lots of money to  pay for it, but realize it gets you out of
many many miles of (admittedly lovely) driving and likely one
overnight stay in Maine.  Portland to Yarmouth, Vehicle + trailer is
$164, adult (in addition to vehicle? I don't know) is $99.  This is
the longer trip.

It's been 30 or so years since i took the ferry.. it was an overnight
then in one direction and all day the other direction.  My guess is
that is not the case now.

Roy

Roy Morgan
13033 Downey Mill Rd