[AT] [Spam] Re: OT: Ford Ranger air bag sensor location....

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Apr 2 20:11:37 PDT 2008

Howard wrote:
> Hey Steve,
> Thanks for the response. That air bag light flashes  code numbers 4-6,
> repeats a few times, and then stays on. I don't know anything about the air
> bag disarmed light. The manual that my lady friend has says that code # 4-6
> probably indicates a faulty ground on the front left side sensor, there was
> no mention of another sensor in the seat belt system.
> Thanks!
> Howard

OK code 46 is left side seat belt pre-tensioner circuit incorrect
resistance. Take a look at the connection under the drivers seat for
corrosion. It is a common problem. When you clean it up put some contact
grease in the connector to keep the water/crud out. While your checking
the connections you may as well clean and grease the other side as well.
It's just a matter of time before it acts up.

--
Steve Williams
Firefighter,EMT