[AT] OT: Ford Ranger air bag sensor location....

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Apr 2 07:50:21 PDT 2008

Howard wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I've been lurking here for awhile, enjoying the conversations and such, and
> now I have a question. It IS off-topic so please reply directly if you can
> help me. My lady friend has a Farmall Super A (tractor ref) which is in good
> shape after we rebuilt the front end and all the steering components with
> help from this list, but her 2002 Ford Ranger has a problem with the air
> bag. The flashing light indicates a possible bad ground on the left front
> sensor, but I can't find the dang thing to check it out. Can anyone tell me
> where the crash sensors are located on this truck??? Many thanks!
> Howard Rawls
> Ernul, NC

Which left front sensor? That vehicle has one sensor in the front
(located behind the grill and to the left of the latch support plate)It
also has a sensor in each of the seat belt units (pre-tensioner unit.
What is the code you get? Does the passenger side airbag disarmed light
still light up?

falcon at telenet dot net if your worried about the OT.

--
Steve Williams
Firefighter,EMT