[AT] older combine straw choppers

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 19:54:53 PDT 2008

In a message dated 4/15/2008 12:06:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:

[AT]  older combine straw choppers

We have  had  choppers   on  combines  since  1970  and  have not had to
balance one -- but we've not  had one  worn out  to the point it needed totally
replaced  either.      We  found we like chopper even in  our  axial-flow...
and its the only one that's had enough of a  problem to need work---  it had one
knife fall off .

If you have to replace  1 knife you need to  have a   balanced one  on the
exact opposite of the new one.   or all  3  if it has 3 / shaft....

our  510 masseys never shook.  but if  the thing   shook  --- it would mess
things up.

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)