[AT] polarizing gen/reg

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Sat Apr 12 08:54:03 PDT 2008

Here you go.

Delco Remy Service Bulletin 1R-118B

POLARIZING GENERATOR-"A" CIRCUT
After reconnecting leads, momentarialy connect a jumber lead between the
"GEN" and "BAT" terminals of the regulator.  This allows a momentary surge
of current to flow through the generator which correctly polarizes it.
Failure to do this may result in severe damage to the equipment since
reversed polarity causes vibration, arcing, and burning of the relay contact
points.
POLARIZING GENERATOR -"B" CIRCUT.
To polarize Circut "B" generators, disconnect the lead from the FIELD
terminal of the regulator and momentarily touch this lead to the BATTERY
terminal of the  regulator. This allows a momentary surge of current to flow
through the generator which correctly polarizes it.  Failure to do this may
result in severe damage to the equipment since reversed polarity causes
vibration, arcing, and burning of the relay contact points.

Have fun,
Dave