[Steam-engine] too much stack?

CopperheadMarine at aol.com CopperheadMarine at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 16:39:03 PDT 2008

Rick

  There is no such thing as too much stack. It's like to much money or  too
much. well "equipment"?
My vert has 18 feet of 12 inch. I control my draft with a sliding door on
the Base. A damper in the stack will smoke you out if your boiler is in a
building like mine is. I used silicone around the seam between the boiler and  base
and also where the base sits on the concrete floor. I can slide my draft
door shut and just about put my fire out when I check it down.
  You can use a blower for extra induced draft. But your engine  exhaust will
help.

Well, it will also be interesting to see if your crank work quits the  knock.
I have had more crosshead noise than crank but who knows.

Charlie

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)