[Farmall] Some ads from the 4/5 Lancaster Farming - steel wheels

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 7 08:55:02 PDT 2008

There are many Amish/Mennonite communities in Ohio.

The one in the Middlefield area apparently doesn't allow tractors at all,
just horses, but they can have power units, including some mounted on
implements.  Phone booths on the other side of the road.

A guy I know has an M on concrete wheels, cast on the original rubber tired
wheels.

Another group near Charm (where there is a wonderful pure steam show)
appears to allow tractors, if they're Diesel (no electric sparks, but I guess
there's a small exception for the starter or pony), and they run on rubber
tires, but with no air in the tires. They are either solid rubber tires of
the type
you see on some skid steers, with rubber ribs providing minimal cushioning,
or conventional tires filled with some solid material, and the valve
stems removed.

I remember seeing a community in PA that has yellow/tan buggy tops,
for some reason.

Dave Merchant