[AT] Satellite Tracking was Warning and apology.

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sun Apr 6 06:52:13 PDT 2008

Yep that's the deal Cecil.  We would lay out stuff for a pipeline or
conveyor or huge steel duct work that was going to be built off site and
sent to the site ready to assemble.  The footings and mounting bolts had to
be on the money (usually within 1/4") over a distance of up to nearly a mile
with several bends and changes of elevation along the way.  For those that
have never tried it, it's a lot harder to accurately measure even 100" than
you would ever imagine.  One day when we didn't have a lot to do our boss
sent us out to set two hubs in the ground with a PK nail in each one.  One
we marked and put witness flags around.  The other we placed several hundred
feet away and burried the hub underground with no witness markers.  We
didn't know why.  A few weeks later on a day we didn't have much to do he
sent us out to find that burried hub.  It's not as easy as you would
imagine.

Charlie