[AT] Ferguson to30 cracked block

Larry & Barb Dotson dotson at loganrec.com
Thu Apr 3 03:38:58 PDT 2008

John
There is a system called "Lock Stitch" that uses a reverse pitch thread that
when screwed into a crack. will pull the two halves together. A series of
drilled and tapped (special tap) holes are then filled with a special
shouldered reverse pitch screw which is designed to break off when fully
tightened leaving a slight rise than can be ground down even with the
original surface. Once the surface is back to normal, a needle scaler is
used to resemble the rough casting of an engine block. This system is used
on some very large and expensive engines such as large ships where a new
engine may cost in the millions. You should be able to Google for the
source.
Larry Dotson