[AJD] Questions - Was: Re: Found some old pictures today...

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Wed Sep 5 19:02:54 PDT 2007

>BTW, a question . . . other than e-bay, where's a good place to get an
>owners manual (not service manual) for my 1950 A?

Hi Troy.  First place I'd check is John Deere Distribution Services: (800) 522-7448.  They'll ship a new one directly to you.  It won't have an original-style cover but the pictures and such ought to be printed well and legible.

>Also, how about a JD step for it . . . would that be a dealer item?

Beats me.  If you're not in a hurry and don't mind eBay I'd start there, just search for "Deere A" and sort by price, then browse whatever shows up.  I've found a bunch of stuff for my Farmall M that way, and learned a bunch more just by seeing what gets listed for sale.  Sooner or later it seems pretty much everything shows up.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net