[AT] IH 82 Combine question

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Sun Sep 30 17:04:07 PDT 2007

I am just in the final stages of rebuilding the entire insides of an IH 82
pull-type combine to harvest 30 acres of beans.  The rocker arms that hold
up the straw racks, and on which they pivot, have fiber bushings in them
which are now new.  I do not have a manual for this machine, although I
have considered it but never got around to it.  I need to know if these
bushings were designed to run dry, or should be lubricated. There are no
grease fittings on them.  My question then is:  Does anyone know if they
are lubricated, or does anyone have an instruction manual where they could
look up the answer?  Or...are there any manuals online which one can
read?  At this point, I do not have time to order a book before harvest, as
I need to get started tomorrow.

Greg Hass