[Farmall] Some ads from the 9/29 Lancaster Farming

farmallgray at aol.com farmallgray at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 07:33:32 PDT 2007

Here is a good one;

Farmall F20 $1,800 or best offer, old dump box off 1966 T tag truck
$300. North. Co., 570-286-6094.

How many of you guys out there?wonder what a T tag is? I get a laugh every time I hear
sombody use that term. Many years ago (1940s up to maybe the 1970s)?in PA truck license plates?started with a letter to indicate what weight class they were. Half ton trucks were an R tag, 3/4 tons were S tags, 1 tons were T tags etc.
Today a large percentage of people in PA still refer to a 1 ton as a T tag, even though most of them don't know what
it means, and nobody uses any of the other letter desinations any more. The only reason I know what it meant was because my dad remembers. Its just funny how that one stuck and none of the rest did.

Todd