[AT] Observation

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Sun Sep 30 07:39:16 PDT 2007

Farmer,
	I too have noticed this tire phenomenon.  It sort of follows along with
the "wet look" paint jobs.  And the billfold.  Some of these tractors
are driven in the tractor rides and they probably should have some
decent tires for safety as well as reducing tire problems on the road.
However, the only flat tire I have seen on the news coverage of a
tractor ride was on a pretty fancy looking John Deere 60 that was owned
and driven by a lawyer.  And it had new tires.  He called the implement
dealer, they fixed the flat tire, loaded the tractor on their roll-back
and caught it back up with the bunch.
	I have had to bite the bullet and put tires on my John Deere A myself.
  The 50 year old ones sat in the sun too long.  Rotted so bad the tubes
were starting to come through in places.  Nothing left to repair and I
could not find any used 12.4 X 38 that were any better than mine.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA