[Farmall] Winterizing Farmall H

Ferg8n9n at aol.com Ferg8n9n at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 07:24:26 PDT 2007

It is a very good idea for all tractors with a water pump to have a
Thermostat. This keeps the moving parts at an even size and temperature, remove
moisture, and will clearly extend engine life.

I use deisel 15-40 in all my motors. It is the best. However, and old  engine
with lots of sludge should be scraped out first.
Typical oil filter only does 2-10% of the oil.

in the 40s and 50s, most engines had  a fairly short life. Non  detergent
oil, and poor air filters, and crankcase dust vents were to  blame.           a
paper air  filter is 10 times better than oil bath.

Crankcase should NOT be vented to the dirty air.