[AT] Question OT

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed Sep 26 09:41:23 PDT 2007

Humm.  I just checked with an Echo dealership where I used to work.
According to the inventory man at that location, there has been no change at
Echo.  The availability of parts is dependent on the age of the machine.

The problem with the John Deere dealerships probably stems from corporate
decisions made there with products that they used to be able to sell and
service but which have been discontinued corporate-wide because of decisions
both inside and outside the company.  John Deere has a tendency to keep a
tight rein on dealerships.  A local dealer was told he had "too urban" of a
ZIP code and he had to move even though he had a profitable and nicely
located dealership.  As a result, there are no longer any John Deere
dealerships in this county.  They also used to handle Exmark, Troy-Bilt, and
some other product lines, but now there is nothing available from them
except current John Deere products. JM2CW.

Larry