[AT] 1841 Ford tractor with backhoe

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 26 05:16:54 PDT 2007

Thanks Ed

I've been trying to contact Roland Jackson but no success so far.  He
told me originally (when I first traded for this bout 6 months ago & it
was 100 miles from here; just got it home last Friday) bout his setup
but said the cylinder must work (which I can't tell without the pump) &
asked bout my pump (which I thought was missing but the way this thing
was buried in vines so couldn't tell for sure) so I'm stuck till I can
get hold of him & get a pump to see what happens with my cylinder.  From
preliminary checks my steering wheel cable system seems to be ok; when I
remove the cover from the little gearbox on the side of the tractor the
plate inside rotates when I turn the steering wheel.

Lew