[AT] Diamonds in the rough?

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Mon Sep 24 06:58:02 PDT 2007

John,
I have done the same thing on a couple cylinders I've "saved" which saved me
a bunch of money. One thing to consider is that if the machine sits out in
"the big shed" and the cylinders are not stored in the retracted position
the hi-alloy (4140, etc.) rods will rust up fairly quickly. Hard chrome
plating on cylinder rods does double duty as an excellent wear resistant
surface and a corrosion preventative but it is very expensive.
Mark Greer