[AT] New Old Tractor Purchase, was Plowing in Ohio/Long

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Tue Sep 18 19:43:42 PDT 2007

Charlie,

My philosophy when I tie a tractor down is I want it to be so if the
trailer comes loose, passes the truck, jumps a median, takes out a
guardrail, flips twice end over end, hits a tree, and comes to rest on
its side; the tractor will STILL be tied down to the trailer!

This was the longest trip I have ever made pulling something like this.
It wasn't too bad going southbound on 95 on a Saturday afternoon.  I
made the mistake of staying on 95 through Richmond.  I came back around
it on 295 and that was much easier--though crossing the James River made
me a little squeamish--I don't like big bridges.  IT pulled real good
and the gas mileage was better than I was afraid--just a shade under
15MPG.

Plus, we got to go through Greenville and eat at the Olive Garden for
supper. :)

Al