[AT] lead paint

steve sewell sewell at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Tue Sep 18 19:42:30 PDT 2007

At 02:56 PM 9/18/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Question.  I want to strip down an old tractor (1950 AC) but am
>concerned about the lead paint issue.  How can I get this tractor
>surface clean and do it in a healthy way?

Scott: The only way lead in the paint would be an issue is if you ingest
it.  If you use a chemical stripper wear gloves and dispose of the goop in
the landfill. If you sandblast, sand, wire wheel and such wear a breathing
mask. Use the mask while working and when cleaning the paint dust up.  Wash
up good after either method before you go in the house to eat.
Good luck!!

- Steve

Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA